Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weekend Fun


This weekend I had TWO days of fun... It's like it was an actual weekend or something.. :)

Day 1:  I went to Maurya Lok with Jaspreet and we went to all the hot spots: Bihar Emporium (for madhubani!), Jaipur Emporium (for leggings!), 2 gift stores (for windchimes!), and various clothing stores with names I've forgotten (to look at fabrics!) At the end of the day we went to Mausam Munch.. which means Weather Munch... which means I'm probably translating something wrong... There we had ginger lemonade. I don't know why but I had visions of some Leon's concoction with fresh squeezed lemons and a touch of ginger. I was quite mistaken... It tasted like an entire piece of ginger had somehow made its way into my beverage, along with some salt, and other assorted mystery flavors. Now, I finished it... and enjoyed it... just a jolt at the beginning. Especially since it was brown. That’s another interesting fact.

Day 2: Meggha called me and asked if I wanted to go to a movie. I said yes. She said it's called, "Adventures" and I can look it up online. I thought, "I just want to do something... it really doesn't matter what the movie is about." Well, exciting times, it was AVENGERS in 3D. That's right ya'll before it came out in the states the Bihar population got to witness a 3D Hollywood fun fest for Rs. 210 ($4.20). Bam.

And it turns out there are no cameras allowed in the movie theater. This makes sense because of the whole rampant pirated movie thing in India (and much of the world) but I didn't know so I had a camera. I was told to put it at the baggage counter so Meggha ran off and checked it in there (hindi, hindi, hindi) and we sat. They even took our order in the theater which was cool, and flashed flashlights in everybody’s eyes while seating people and taking their orders until about 20 minutes into the movie and at various other times, which was less cool. I also learned that here it is A-OK to text your way through a movie. But aside from the little white lights around me, it was a pretty awesome time... :)

After the movie was done we were handing our 3D glasses back to the movie attendant (who I'd not seen before) he looked at me and enthusiastically said, "Camera hai?" Is your camera here? Why yes. I guess word travels fast at PM Mall Cineplex because now apparently all movie attendants had been notified that the blonde had brought a camera... even though only the lady checking my bag saw this ('cause Meggha turned it in to the counter.)

So anyway, fun weekend shopping, movie going, and watching people get excited / nervous about the escalator at the mall. All in all, a good time was had Patna mein.. :)


Playing with Picassa settings.. Picture of my kurta pattern

Two nights this week I've gotten serenaded by the nearest wedding band.. :)

Lizard on the ceiling!

Madhubani art from Bihar Emporium

More Madhubani.

Ok, last one.



4 comments:

  1. Avengers sounds fun, I'm jealous! Can't wait to see your new wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'll have to take some pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey now Chokri!! Being a super hero movie fan, I said 'Avengers' only not Adventures .. but you heard it as Adventures - idk why!! ?? :-s !! Not fair huh!!

    Does kaccha aam choos (popsicle come up too!?) waiting to read about that next

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just misheard you, no worries :) Yes, I'll have to click a pic of the kaccha aam choos!! And regale the world with that tale as well! :D

    ReplyDelete