Saturday, November 19, 2011

आराम करना - To sit


Today was Saturday. Which because CARE had so many holidays
in October and will have in December it was declared a work day. Since I’m
basically working 7 days a week over here, this meant I got to sit at a desk,
have LAN internet connection for free, and office CHAI. Might be the happiest
I’ve ever been or will be for working Saturdays… J
In addition, all the district outreach officers came in for
a training session. SO, I got to see all of the outreach officers that helped
me along in the first three field visits as we interviewed officials and
healthcare workers. Woohoo!
I also learned today that if you don’t play Words With
Friends for a week people cancel your games. Patience please! I was in the
field! :(
Anyway, not much to share today except for work…
We might go do some shopping tomorrow and MAYBE even go to Ganga Ghat Pe Aarti. Ganga River is a major river in India that runs through Bihar. Especially on Saturday and Sunday evenings people gather by the river and send out flickering lamps as offerings on the river.

In any case, we WILL be going to Cream Center, a snazzy restaurant at the mall which will have delicious treats of every shape and size. We shall see how it compares to the sizzling brownie from Nirvana!

No comments:

Post a Comment