Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Field Visit #1: Purbi Champaran

So, everyone came back to the office on the 3rd and we were off on the 7th! It was hard to make sure everything was good to go but ready or not the van left on Monday morning at 5:30am!

My field visits are being coordinated to go alongside other CARE events so when a travel opportunity strikes, go we must…

There is one road to East Champaran that is a quite lovely 4 lane road full of smooth asphalt. There rest of the roads along the way were not like this and we spent much of the time bouncing around though I managed to fall asleep most of the time. When we arrived there was barely time for chai and we were off to interview some unsuspecting participants of the IFA supply chain (ok, they were suspecting... we gave advance notice!).

Checkin’ out the storeroom at the primary healthcare center.

We were only able to find 1 box of IFA… in a box full of gloves, but still…

Looks like I might even understand what everyone is saying…

You lookin’ at me? I’ll take your picture…

My interpreter, Sanobar!

Waiting for the next interview… (What? This is how I wait...)

ASHA kit!

Iron in the ASHA kit!

Pictures in the village

They run but they can’t hide!

No comments:

Post a Comment