Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sahelī – friend

My time in Patna got a little brighter on November 2nd when I moved out of the guesthouse to be roomies with Meggha! :)

Our first adventure was to P&M Mall, which is more commonly called Big Bazaar. I thought this was a large open air market to buy fruits and vegetables, etc. It’s actually a MALL. With escalators and everything. And there were a lot of people who were super excited about the escalators… and slightly nervous. Hence, the escalators were a serious place of congestion as the tentative and nervous would just stand at the start of one and about five minutes later would gain the courage to take the ride. I’m just glad no one got too nervous on the dismount.

I bought two kurtas and some biscuits (all the necessities in life!) And perused the boutiques to get up to date on the Salwar kameez and kurta fashions. (Puffed sleeves and “crushed” cloth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment