Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 0: Arrival

                I arrived late in the evening and was picked up by a Climb Kili driver. On the plane over I finally thoroughly read all of the literature that they had provided about a month ago in a nice organized packet. Note to readers: it would be wise to do this BEFORE getting on the plane. By the time I got to Tanzania I was so worried about all the things I had forgotten or had just learned would have been useful things to bring..  Aaah! I also was suffering from a cold so my incessant coughing, runny nose, and sore throat were not helping me to be calm and collected.

                One important thing they cited was that you should travel in your hiking boots and make sure to have some essentials in your carry on in case of lost luggage (which they listed out.) Oops. I had brought all my conference attire in the carry on so if I didn't get my luggage I was kind of out of luck.

                Luckily, when we got to the airport my bag was there… The other woman who was meeting Climb Kili at the airport however was not so lucky, so we waited as she reported her missing luggage. This took an hour because there was such a LONG line in the “lost luggage” office.

Crisis #1 – Averted.

                When I got to the hotel, they were really confused on how there were 3 people (2 women and I… they had only booked rooms for 2) but in the midst of the confusion I’m pretty sure I got the suite. :) 




I’d never slept in a circular bed before, let alone one with a mosquito net curtain… :)



They even had a FANCY pool... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment