Saturday, January 5, 2013

Journey #2: Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro!


                This journey actually started in November of last year. My abstract was accepted for a conference in Tanzania. I thought, if I’m flying all the way there, I should make the most of my time there, right? The first thought that came to my mind was, “I’m going to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro!” but thought for sure this would be on the other side of the country from wherever the conference was. Once I discovered that it was in ARUSHA and I’d be flying into the airport called KILIMANJARO I had pretty much made up my mind that this was meant to be. I was going to make it to the highest point in Africa. :)
                So, I chose a company (ClimbKili) and made the reservation.. no turning back… Should have probably trained a little more than I did but I jumped on the plane in early January ready to make the trek and then go to my first international conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment