Saturday, December 10, 2011

CARE Retreat I


No, I'm not an official member of the CARE team but through a sequence of events including living by myself in Patna is not probably the best idea even for just 4 days and also that going to Bodhgaya is on my Bihar Bucket List... I decided to attend the CARE work retreat!

It was located at Sambodhi Retreat, which boasts things like wi fi (they have one computer that you can use which has internet for 60 rupees an hour) and a meditation room (they told me to my face they didn't have this at the desk... but when someone else asked they were told where it was... though it was a small space right next to the gym equipment. Not necessarily optimal meditating territory.) Ultimately though, it was a lovely place with amazing SOUP and good food (except for the naan, which is tough enough to tear and scoop while holding your plate with the other hand. This naan however, was even more tough which made for hours of naan tearing fun!) :/
They wrapped small clay pots around trees and stumps… Not sure why…

Other artful ceramics placed around the grounds.
TURKEY!

Buddhas watching over another pool in the back of the retreat.

I think THIS would be the best meditation room... :)

We had a full day of workshops each day entailing CARE projects and talks about healthcare workers in India, which were all very interesting I and think very useful for both their work and mine.

Workin' hard to understand those Anganwadi Workers...

1 comment:

  1. thanks for visit the resort. Please visit again. got the feedback...will improve the service. I am a Marketing Manager of Sambodhi Retreat, Bodhgaya since last 2 years.

    ReplyDelete