Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hona - To Be

My busy travels finally came to a close yesterday evening with a lovely 6 hour ride back to ghar pyaaraa ghar (home sweet home)…
So far East Champaran and Khagaria have been the most intense car rides (aka – bad roads) which has made the rest of the rides seem oddly pleasant and even downright enjoyable adventures as we cruise the hillsides learning about history, literature, and everything else from our fearless leader… :)
Today was a fun and exciting office day and was actually really productive… I also had an entirely Hindi conversation ordering lunch which entailed:

“Lunch?”

“Ek plate chole bhatura!”

Nod

“Kitna?”

“Thirty five”

So see, not super exciting… but hey, I’m working on it!
One day I even got asked got asked “Aur kuch?” after my valiant lunch order and got to say “kuch nahii” because I actually happened to know that one(!) (During interviews that has been a common question my interpreter asks AND was the neighboring town next to me in Peru (Orkush means rat in Quechua… go figure… Therefore, I actually asked about what that word meant at one point…)
Anyway, exciting times in the life of this Bihari gori larki… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment